Melva J. Dwyer Award
2017 - Call for Nominations
The Melva J. Dwyer Award was established in recognition of the contribution made to the field of art librarianship by Melva Dwyer, former head of the Fine Arts Library, University of British Columbia. It is given to the creators of exceptional reference or research tools relating to Canadian art and architecture.
The Award is adjudicated by a jury of three Canadian art information professionals and administered by the Canadian Liaison to the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA).
The Award will be announced and presented during convocation ceremonies at the 45th annual ARLIS/NA Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, in February, 2017.
- The title must relate to Canadian art and/or architecture, be produced by Canadian authors and be disseminated by Canadian sources.
- The format of the reference or research tool can vary: print, electronic, multimedia or other vehicles will be considered.
- The date of publication or release should be within the last two years of the date of nomination, although exceptions can be made for cumulative achievement.
- Monographs, exhibition catalogues and periodical articles will be considered if the scope and quality of the bibliographic information or the arrangement of the main text merits recognition as a major reference or research tool.
- Nominations must be received by October 15, 2016.
- Each nomination should include full bibliographic information and a written justification assessing the importance of the work to the discipline.
- Please send nominations to the Canadian Liaison for consideration by the jury: Jennifer Garland, Liaison Librarian, McGill University Library
- Please do not send review copies until contacted.